My Story: Prajwal

Posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 by LEAD

Prajwal M ( BSc, NIE First Grade College, Mysore)


“Creating scientifically curious society is the goal of my life and  LEAD is the right platform to develop skills and abilities required to reach my goal”

I am passionate about science, especially physics. My affair with Science started during my childhood and it deepened in my high school when I started participating in Science exhibitions with my models. During Pre University Education, I built the Levitation Train with few of my friends and grabbed prizes at several competitions. 

“Physics of the Impossible” by Michio Kaku was a book that exposed me further to the vastness of the science and motivated me to start a science group called “Blackbody Science Group (Which Absorbs All Wavelength of Intuitive Minds)”. This group engages in creating interest about science among government and physically disabled school children.

Being a BSc Student of NIE G College Mysore, my dream is to create a society where science is not a subject to be learnt for exams but an approach towards life . To create this dream into reality LEAD provided me a platform. I got to know about LEAD through my physics professor who brought the Leadership Challenge-2014 poster to lab and asked me to apply some ideas to the Leadership Challenge. Without a second thought,  I grabbed this opportunity to turn my ideas into actions. 
    

Along with my friend Gagan, I designed “COSMIC EGG: Low Cost Inflatable Mobile Planetarium” as my LEAD Project. It is a portable mobile planetarium where 20 students can be accommodated and can be shown the wonders of universe.

I took this model to many schools and gave children the taste of Astronomy.


Under the guidance and support of LEAD, my project got selected to be exhibited at Yuva Summit 2015 held at Deshpande Foundation. My joy knew no bounds when great leaders like Gururaj Deshpande and N. R. Narayana Murthy visited my planetarium and appreciated my initiative.

The Cosmic Egg won me “The Best LEADer Award” from Kailash Satyarthi. LEAD provided me a platform to bring out my LEADership skills to the forefront. It has boosted my courage to take up new challenge and given me a hope of creating a society of scientific temper.